In the event you experience problems installing the NVIDIA Geforce display driver or GeForce Experience, we ask users enable installer logging to assist us in determining the cause for the installation issue. To turn on NVIDIA installer logging, please follow the steps below:
1) Download both of the registry keys below from the File Attachments section to your computer. Remember where you download these files to.
2) "EnableFullLogging.reg" file enables installer logging
DisableLogging.reg" file disables installer logging
3) Enable installer logging by double-clicking on the file "EnableFullLogging.reg". This will import registry keys into your Windows Registry.
4) Click YES to add to the registry.
5) Reinstall the NVIDIA Geforce display driver or the NVIDIA Geforce Experience installation process again as you did before.
6) When the installation has completed/failed, you may disable the logging function by double clicking on the file "DisableLogging.reg".
7) The installer log files containing information from your failed installation will be found in the directory c:\nvidialogging on your computer.
8) At this point you can attach the log files to a support request per your NVIDIA Customer Care representative's instructions or if you simply wish to provide feedback but do not require support assistance, you may email the installation log files to email@example.com.
Please Note: Make sure that you disable the logging function when you are finished reproducing the issue. Leaving this feature enabled may result in decreased performance or other issues.